Winter holiday in Ramsau am Dachstein, Styria
Skiing, cross country skiing, biathlon… on the sunny plateau in the region Schladming-Dachstein
Skiing, snowboarding and freeskiing
The family-friendly ski area of Ramsau am Dachstein offers great skiing. Expert skiiers can whizz down the perfectly-prepared slopes of the 4 mountain ski circuit (Hauser Kaibling, Planai – Schladming, Hochwurzen, Reiteralm). The World Cup run in Schladming is just a few minutes drive away.
Ski bus routes
Using the ski bus routes in Ramsau am Dachstein you can reach the ski lifts comfortably and can leave your car at the guesthouse. The ski bus stop is just 3 minutes walk away from the 3 star Bio-Guesthouse Leit’n Franz. There are also bus connections in the alpine region and to the 4 mountain ski circuit.
Cross country skiing and Biathlon
The cross country mecca of Ramsau am Dachstein boasts a wide network of cross country trails for cross country skiing enthusiasts. A special highlight is the night trail in the cross country stadium in Ramsau. The biathlon stadium with rental of various sports rifles offers best facilities for biathletes.
- Cross country trail leads right past the 3 star Bio-Guesthouse Leit’n Franz
- 220 km of high alpine trails at an altitude of between 1,100 and 2,700 m for all levels of ability
- Night trail in the cross country stadium in Ramsau
- Children’s cross country park and Nordic X-Park for young sports enthusiasts
- Biathlon stadium with rental of sports rifles
- Annual Winter Cross Country Opening
Ski tours, winter walks and snowshoeing
Those longing to savour the snowy winter wonderland away from the pistes can enjoy their own personal winter adventure ski touring, winter walking or snowshoeing. Let the unspoilt countryside cast its wintry spell and let you quickly forget your sporting exertions.
Horse-drawn sleigh rides, tobogganing and other activities
Glide gently through the magical winter countryside on a horse-drawn sleigh and savour the romantic atmosphere. For a faster pace try out tobogganing on the natural toboggan run on the Rittisberg.
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides, e.g. Kulmberg circuit
- Natural toboggan run on the Rittisberg, sledge hire, 3 x per week night tobogganing
- Snowtubing by the Rösterstube
- Kobald ice skaing rink, floodlit in the evening, booking required
- Floodlit Austrian curling rink
- Paragliding and gliding courses in winter
Active Kids in Ramsau am Dachstein
There’s plenty of fun and action for children in the family-friendly ski area in Ramsau am Dachstein in Kali’s Winter World and in the children’s cross country park in the Ramsau stadium.
- Family-friendly ski area Ramsau am Dachstein
- Ski schools offering a wide range of lessons, lunchtime supervision for children, ski hire, ski kindergarten etc.
- Kali’s WinterWorld with magic lift, eagle’s cave, crystal cave, mascot…
- Children’s cross country park and Nordic X-Park in the World Cup stadium in Ramsau: playful learning of cross country skiing techniques with bumps, gates, jumps, obstacles and lots of games, Ramsau cross country ski schools and equipment rental available on site. Free use of cross country park for children under 15 years.
Amid a spectacular mountain backdrop you’ll find the Dachstein cross country trails, ski pistes, ski tour routes, a snowpark… From our guesthouse you can reach the cable car valley station on the ski bus.
- 18 km of well-groomed high alpine trails at an altitude of 2,700 m
- Skiing, snowboarding and ski tours
- Horsefeathers Superpark for freestylers and snowboarders
- Dachstein Sky Walk – spectacular viewing platform
- Ice Palace inside the glacier with ice figures…
- Glacier restaurant
- Ski bus to the valley station of the Dachstein Glacier cable car
Ramsau winter guest card
On arrival in our guesthouse you receive your free Ramsau winter guest card. This card offers a variety of discounts, e.g. on buses, on Dachstein Glacier cable car fares and on day tickets for the swimming pool in Ramsau.