Summer holiday in Ramsau am Dachstein, Styria
Family holiday in the region Schladming-Dachstein
Hiking, mountaineering, climbing and Nordic walking
Our Bio Guesthouse near Schladming in Ramsau am Dachstein makes an ideal base. To the north the Dachstein range offers demanding mountain tours and climbing trails for experienced mountaineers. Not without reason has our region been awarded the Austrian Hiking Seal.
- Well-marked hiking paths of varying lengths and levels of difficulty, children’s trails, themed paths
- Large number of climbing trails and climbing routes on the Dachstein
- Longest climbing trail in Austria with “Vertical Drop” on the Dachstein
- Dachstein Glacier hike
- Alpine schools and mountain guides in Ramsau am Dachstein
- Trail running and hiking routes
Cycling, mountain biking and e-biking
The sunniest resort in Styria makes the hearts of biking enthusiasts beat faster. The wide network of trail, leading right past the guesthouse is perfect for biking tours. Mountain bikers will find a a well-marked network of mountain biking trails.
- Wide network of cycle paths and mountain bike trails in the region Schladming-Dachstein
- Cycle path leads right past the 3 star Bio Guesthouse Leit’n Franz
- Dachstein circular route for ambitious mountain bikers
- Cycle and e-bike rental in the local sports shops
- E-bike charging stations region-wide
Golf, swimming, riding and other activities
Discover unspoilt nature on horseback on on a horse-drawn carriage ride. The golf course at the Kobaldhof is perfect for teeing off at the foot of the Dachstein range.
- Horse-drawn carriage rides, 200 km long network of bridle paths
- Riding farms and riding sports centres in Ramsau am Dachstein, pony and donkey riding on the neighbouring farm
- 10 hole organic golf course at the Kobaldhof (no membership or proficiency licence for all levels of ability)
- Swimming pool with sauna oasis in the resort centre
- Adventure pool and fitness studio in Schladming
- Geocaching with around 70 hidden treasures
Adventure Mountain Rittisberg in Ramsau am Dachstein
Pay a visit to the largest adventure mountain in the Dachstein region – the Rittisberg.
- Hikes and trails e.g. the “Barefoot Path” or the “Fairytale Path”
- Forest Park High Ropes Course
- Summer toboggan run Rittisberg Coaster
- Leisure Park Ramsau Beach with bathing lake, trampoline etc.
- Rittisberg archery course, sliding soccer, e-bike and Segway course, large playground…
- Varied summer programme and events
Summer adventures with the “Kids Sommercard”
The Schladming Dachstein “Sommercard” offers families with children a wealth of reductions and free admissions. Guests staying overnight in our guesthouse receive the Sommercard free of charge. Children receive their own Kids’ Sommercard.
- Guided hikes, nature trails, adventure paths
- Kids’ get-together in Kali’s Kids’ Club
- Exciting adventure parks
- Pony and donkey riding
- Fun children’s afternoons
- Kids’ Forest Park Ramsau
Dachstein Glacier in summer
Savour the warm sun’s rays on the Dachstein Glacier and wonder at the fantastic view. In summer the highest mountain in Styria is a popular attraction and beckon with a variety of sporting activities.
- Hiking and climbing routes, climbing trails, marked glacier paths
- Spectacular viewing platform – Dachstein Sky Walk
- Ice Palace inside the glacier with ice figures, crystal hall etc.
- Glacier restaurant
- Sking, snowboarding, cross country skiing with fabulous views
With the free Schladming-Dachstein “Sommercard” you receive free or discounted admission to a number of activities and sights, e.g. cable cars, museums, buses etc.